Monday, February 4, 2013

Hey Prof. how do I ask people to follow my blog without being to self-serving and frankly conceited?  I mean I want to make it easier to let others know that I am out here (way out there sometimes) and I would like to invite my friends and family to read along and get a dialog started.  Of course they may not like seeing themselves in the blog but I still want to engage them in witty repartee, plus it would cut down on my phone bill...Is there a way to get them to sign up on the blog so I do not have to keep referring to these multi-colored post it notes with their e-mail addresses on them?

1 comment:

  1. You can create a google group or an email group (if you use a different email program), and email your friends. If you have twitter (we'll have to work on that), you can "tweet" or notify your "followers" (people who follow you on twitter). However, you can also have your friends subscribe to your blog (I'll explain how to do this in a blog post) so that each time you write a post, it will be emailed directly to your friends who subscribe. Also, I'd encourage your friends to comment (as I am doing here) so you can have a nice dialogue. Just remember though, it isn't like texting. Everyone who comments is public, like a letter to the editor.

    ReplyDelete